Saturday, April 29, 2006

Everybody Cut Loose!


Last night I was with a group at their hotel. One of the kids had a radio and some of the students were having a good time dancing in the lobby. It made me think of my upcoming project. Choreographing Footloose alongside Larry Munsey’s direction at the Toby Hut . . . Oh, I guess I can’t call Toby’s Baltimore “The Toby Hut”. . . Um . . .Choreographing Footloose at the "Toby Inn". I was thinking that I enjoy the musical and had a lot of fun doing it back in 2003 in Columbia, but the one thing I never understood is how this story even made it into a movie and a musical. A town that outlaws dancing and rock music? Who ever heard of something like that? Yeah, maybe back in olden times, but it surprises me that even in 1984, this story sold.

Oh well. Dumb plot or not, you’re going to see one kick ass production at the Toby Inn this summer.

2 comments:

The Follow Spot said...

Tina, I hope you asked Steve Smith for permission to use that photo on your blog. If you read his blog you will know that he was unhappy that Toby's used his picture for their season brochure with a Santa hat on his head and Stephen R tried to read him and everyone told Stepehn R to basicly shut up. That just gave me an idea - I think I am going to call him now, just to tell him to shut up. That sounds like fun. Where is my prize bitch - send me my prize or at least let the readers know that I was the winner.

Tina said...

I was hoping nobody would bring up the use of Stephen's photo. The good thing is that at least I didn't alter the picture.