Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Gays Are Coming! The Gays Are Coming!

I saw on the news yesterday that gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender families will be organizing themselves and attending the White House Easter Egg Roll tomorrow. How admirable! I think it's great that the gays will be right in Bush's back yard. According to the Family Pride Coalition, the organizers of the movement, this isn't meant to be a political statement or protest.

I think the news organizations were looking for some controversy because they kept interviewing people in line for tickets and asking them about the coalition's efforts. Everyone seemed to feel that anyone deserved the right to participate. The only controversy they could come up with was that people were upset because the Pride used volunteers to stand in line for people who couldn't make it to the ticket give away. Some felt that if gays and lesbian families want to participate, they should stand in line just like everyone else. I guess I can understand that. I mean, hey if you want some ice cream from the Toby's Ice Cream Bar/Table, then you get up and get it your damn self.

2 comments:

The Follow Spot said...

those damn gays - I know gays who make other people do things for them too!

Caren said...

I don't know what the media was trying to do........they completely missed the fact that they were getting the opportunity to interview people who dressed well and could speak english well. Although they should have stood in line for their own tickets.